If you live here, work here or just visit, you will already know Reading is a great place and at Reading Borough Council we’re dedicated to making it even better. Key to this is ensuring our workforce is equipped for the challenge – this is where you come in.
Reading Adult Social Care are recruiting a Social Worker to work in our excellent Adult Social Care – Locality Team.
The Locality Team is an exciting, supportive and friendly team, we support adults receiving long term care/support who have come through the Wellbeing Hub or the Hospital Team.
We can guarantee each day will be different with a variety of case work (Safeguarding Adults, reviews, Best Interests, Mental Capacity, Court etc.) and working with people of all ages and backgrounds and their families and carers.
Salary - £28,672 to £32,234
The team consists of Social Workers (mixture of newly qualified social workers, social workers, experienced social workers and Senior social workers), Social Care Coordinators and Occupational Therapists. We work closely with our colleagues in Reading Borough Council, Health Professionals, Voluntary and Charity colleagues to facilitate the best possible outcomes for those people we support.
Our aim is to help people meet their needs and achieve the outcomes that matter to them in their lives, involving the person and supporting them to have choice and control over what matters to them.
A recent review by the Care Quality Commission recognized the good practice in the team here at Reading Borough Council.
Having access to a car or having a driving license is essential for this role.
How we will support you
- A supportive ASYE programme
- Excellent comprehensive staff induction, training, supervision, appraisals and support packages
- Laptop and mobile supplied
- Initial 24 days annual leave with additional 5 days after 5 years continuous service
- Local government salary-related pension
- Discounted child care vouchers
You will enable people to identify their strengths, needs and outcomes, and help people to connect to community resources and services that maintain their physical and mental wellbeing.
You will work within the legal framework related to Adult Social Care.
We are looking for candidates who have previous experience working with vulnerable people or have transferable skills and experiences.
All candidates must have a Social Work Qualification and be registered with Social Work England.
You must be able to demonstrate:
- excellent communication skills
- ability to gather and analyse information
- ability to identify and prioritise risks
- ability to identify and prioritise safeguarding issues
- excellent organisationals skills and flexibility
- excellent IT and typing skills
- excellent team work skills.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
- Salary sacrifice scheme for Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs) to help you save for your retirement
To learn more, please contact Lynn Edinborough (Assistant Team Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 28th September 2020
Interview date: tbc
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.