Job Title: Admin Support Officer
Location: Nevetts, Bowling Green Lane, Buntingford, Hertfordshire, SG9 9DF
Salary Range: £19,312 - £20,903 pa (pro rata for part-time)
Hours: 15 hours or 30 hours per week
Contract: 6 month Fixed Term or Secondment
At Nevetts, we will be caring for people with various illnesses, needing to leave hospital but not ready to return home. Every effort will be put in place to safeguard both staff and residents during this difficult time. In return, we’ll give you all the training, support and development opportunities you need to make the most of this rewarding role and achieve your individual career goals, through our industry leading training and employee welfare programmes.
Nearest Bus Stop: Edwinstree C of E Middle School
About the job:
- Utilise software packages such as Microsoft Office, and preparation of letters and documentation according to local procedures and statutory/ legal requirements
- Update and manage computer databases and spreadsheets, provide reports and assist in compiling information such as statutory returns, manage and track expenditure
- Provide professional support to Senior Officers and Managers dealing with confidential and sensitive matters, answer telephone calls and provide information as a first point of contact
- Undertake a range of administrative duties such as note and minute taking, filing, faxing, scanning and photocopying and deal with all general matters including cash handling, correspondence, invoices and timesheets according to local procedures
- Manage team commitments avoiding scheduling conflicts and arrange meetings and training courses, venues, agendas
- The ability to reflect on your own experiences and practice to build professional relationships.
- Confident in the use of a computer to organise and record information clearly and accurately.
- Always aware of risks and how they can be minimised ensuring the health and safety of colleagues.
What we can offer you:
- A varied and stimulating range of work and the opportunity to join a highly regarded team committed to continuously improving and delivering exciting innovative opportunities.
- We are committed to developing and offering ongoing support, including the opportunity to work towards your RQF qualifications.
- Herts Rewards – giving you great shopping discounts and local offers (e.g. Asda, Sainsburys, New Look, M&S).
- Incredibly generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
To apply for this position please upload you most recent CV or feel free to call and discuss your suitability on 01438 844 435.
Closing date: Tuesday 29th September
Benefits of Working for HCC:
- Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
- Excellent Career Development
- Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
- Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Shopping Discounts
- Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
Safeguarding: Safeguarding children and adults is of utmost importance to Hertfordshire County Council. The Council requires employees to abide by legislation and best practice to enable Hertfordshire to achieve this. This role has been identified as requiring a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. For more information Click Here
English Fluency: The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Disability Confident: We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
Should you be successful after application:
You will be contacted for an interview Via Microsoft Teams
You will need to give your availability and any locations you are able to cover
You will need to send your ID documents by email prior to the interview
We will be ‘fast tracking’ your appointment should you be successful
Please ensure you check your emails (including junk/spam accounts) regularly and action any requests sent to you to enable us to pay you and ensure you are compliant
All necessary training and personal protective equipment needed to conduct the role will be provided FOC.
Fixed Term and/or Secondment: This is a Fixed Term or Secondment vacancy. If you work for HCC or any other Local Authority and would like to be considered as a Secondment contract, please ensure you complete the attached Secondment Form as part of your application. If you do not, your application will be considered as a Fixed Term Contract only.
How to Apply: Please follow the 'Apply for Job' button at the bottom of the screen. As part of the application you will be required to upload your most recent CV ensuring gaps in employment have been addressed and includes your current, or most recent, employer. You are also asked to provide a supporting statement which is your opportunity to evidence how your skills, knowledge and experience match what we are looking for based on the Person Specification area of the attached Job Outline. If you do not supply a supporting statement, your application will be rejected.