About the role
The role requires someone to lead on the procurement and renewal of private sector leased properties for use as Temporary Accommodation. Ensuring that the accommodation is compliant, of good standard and fit for purpose.
The role requires a pro-active and skilled negotiator to acquire properties and manage lease renewals with private landlords, ensuring full compliance with contract specifications, enhancing quality of provision and building additional value for money into each option whilst adhering to Haringey’s procurement arrangements.
You will have the ability to develop the market for temporary accommodation and private sector leasing (including out of borough), sourcing properties from new and existing private landlords and agents and ensuring that properties are of a consistently good standard.
You will be able to negotiate lease acquisitions and renewals, undertake property inspections including making recommendations to landlord to ensure property compliance and repairs are completed, process Private Sector Leasing handbacks to landlords, if and when required.
- Carry out procurement, renewal and termination of leases for temporary accommodation
- Initiate and engage in contractual negotiations for new and existing contracts and procurement arrangements
- Lead on negotiating the rental payments (responsible for documenting all negotiations entered into) working closely with the Team Manager
- Inspect properties, carry out HHSRS inspections, draft schedules of works, schedules of condition and assess properties against required building and management standards.
- Take full details of all potential properties and providers, to support future procurement and business needs.
- Maintain property records and detailed information relating to each unit of accommodation, and record actions taken around procurement and retention of property using Haringey’s data storage and management systems and movement in Outlook diary.
- A responsible position delivering a housing or housing related service
- Experience of housing procurement or lease renewals.
Key Knowledge and Skills
- Awareness of Landlord and Tenant legislation and general practise around lettings.
- An awareness of occasions that require liaison with other public services (e.g. child protection, domestic violence)
- A basic understanding of building maintenance and repair.
- Commitment to delivering exceptional customer service
- Good understanding of property procurement and letting negotiations
- Understanding of property standards, lettable standards and H&S requirements as these relate
- A good understanding of the way in which the work of the team supports the delivery of value for money.
- Ability to solve problems – to be flexible and adaptable and able to respond to situations creatively as they arise.
- Good listening and communication (people) skills – to interact, liaise and negotiate effectively with stakeholders with a wide range of needs, including vulnerable people, technical staff and local partners.
Homes for Haringey are a fully-fledged Arm’s Length Management Organisation (ALMO) of the London Borough of Haringey. We are firmly committed to working collaboratively toward building a spirit of team working and a supportive one culture in which innovation is encouraged and individuals can thrive.
We are offering an excellent opportunity to grow and develop a key department whilst making a huge impact on the future of the organisation.
We offer an attractive salary and access to a wide range of learning and development opportunities.
Homes for Haringey offers flexible working, generous leave entitlement, and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
For further information regarding the role please contact us on HFHRecruitment@homesforharingey.org - to be keep updated on all recruitment, please follow ‘Homes for Haringey’ on Linkedin.
You will need to provide a CV and a Supporting Statement to be considered for this vacancy.
The closing date for completed applications will be 5th October 2020