Job Title: Finance Officer
Salary Range: £20,903 pa progressing to £25,481 pa
Hours: 37 hours
Contract Type: Permanent
We currently have an opportunity for a Finance Officer within our Client Finance Team.
Client Finance support operational care teams manage service users’ finances that lack the capacity to do so themselves.
You will be responsible for sourcing;
- Supporting care teams to make applications to the DWP for Appointeeships and the Court of Protection for Deputy orders
- Payment of Invoices
- Monthly reconciliations of service users bank accounts.
- Completion of annual reports to the Office of the Public Guardian
- Ensuring annual budget planners are completed for all service users.
- Making personal allowance payments.
The Client Finance Team is responsible for supporting the care teams within HCC to act as Appointee and Deputy for service users that lack capacity to manage their finances. This involves making applications to the DWP to become Appointee and the Court of Protection to act as Deputy.
It is the role of the Client Finance Team to manage the daily income and expenditure of a large number of service users. We must ensure each account is accurate and up to date. Income includes benefits and pensions and investment income. Expenditure includes utility bills, care fees and personal allowance. You will endeavour to ensure that there are sufficient funds from expenditure and that there have been no duplicated invoices. You will be expected to pick up on any anomalies in the accounts to ensure appropriate benefits are being received and to identify any future issues.
Good communications skills is key to this role as you will be required to liaise with care teams, utility providers, Landlords and local borough councils, the DWP and The Court of Protection and the Office of the Public Guardian.
- An experienced financial administration with a keen eye for details.
- Adept at using Excel, accurate data input and reconciling accounts.
- An organised worker with the initiative and flexibility to deal with changing priorities.
- Confident to deal with a variety of stakeholders.
For an informal discussion please contact Ruth Floyd on 01438 845728
Closing Date: 4th October 2020
Interview date: 14th – 16th October 2020