Help us deliver a great experience to our customers. And you will experience a great place to work.
The Look Out Discovery Centre is a very popular visitor attraction with a hands-on science and discovery exhibition, gift shop, coffee shop and play area, set in 1,000 hectares of Crown Estate woodlands. The Look Out Discovery Centre opens 7 days a week. Our aim is to make sure that our visitors have a safe, relaxing and enjoyable experience, and the successful applicant will play a key role in achieving this.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest
What it’s like working in our team…
We care about our visitors and want to supply all site visitors with great customer service
Our Coffee Shop team play a key role in helping ensure our customers enjoy their day out to The Look Out Discovery Centre. We enjoy interacting with our varied customer base making their visit fun and enjoyable as well as clean and safe.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- To assist with the preparation and service of food and drinks including the operation of the EPOS till system.
- To provide a service to the customers, in a polite and efficient manner
- To work safely within Health, Safety and Hygiene policies and instructions.
- To assist with special catering functions e.g. children’s parties, as and when required
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- The opportunity to engage with a variety of customers and deliver great customer care.
- To work on the doorstep of the picturesque Swinley forest.
What we’re looking for…
We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable person, with the ability, willingness and flexibility to work hours to ensure the consistent provision of services in our coffee shop. This person would have a strong focus on customer service and the ability to deal with customers of all ages and backgrounds and to ensure that their visit is the best possible with the resources available.
Interviews will be held the week commencing 26th October
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Name: Dean Potts
Job Title: Duty Manager
Phone Number: 01344 354405
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.