An exciting opportunity has arisen at Rivermead Inclusive Trust for an exceptional ICT Support Technician. This committed individual will have a pivotal role within the trust. We are seeking a person with energy, enthusiasm and experience to fulfil a key role in supporting the schools and Trust for the ongoing development and growth. This role will be predominantly based at Rivermead School and our Sixth Form Partnership, based at Mid Kent College under the guidance of our Network Manager. However, on occasions the IT Technician will be expected to support other schools under the trust if and when required.
The ICT Technician should be familiar with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- To assist the Network Manager in the provision and development of ICT throughout the schools
- To assist the Network Manager in prioritising, completing and reporting back to the network manager any jobs completed.
- To provide technical support and advice to all Staff and learners across the school.
- To Install, test and maintain ICT equipment: e.g. Desktop PCs, laptops, tablets, interactive whiteboards and touchscreen displays, projectors, printers, network and wireless equipment, smartphones
- To install, update and upgrade software
- To assist with network upgrades (provisioning, setting up wired and wireless hardware)
- To provide technical support for teachers and pupils in lessons and other activities (assemblies, after school clubs etc.).
- To support the use of Cloud applications (e.g. Office 365 ect)
- To support the use of specialist applications
- To maintain general ICT helpdesk support
- To maintain the Asset Register (both Hardware and Software)
- To maintain and issue consumables stock and provide user support, when necessary
- To be available to cover for the Network Manager in his absence and to deal with ICT problems when required
- To attend and provide technical support at school events beyond agreed hours where deemed appropriate
- To assist with the technical aspects of school productions (sound, light, projection etc.)
- To prepare old equipment for recycling (e.g. gathering, documenting, wiping HDDs)
- To support Apple equipment based at the school
- Make sure all Backups are carried out on the network
- Monitor all levels of IT consumable items and report any purchasing requirements to the Network Manager/Finance office.
- Willingness to work flexibly, occasionally outside of normal hours. Prior notice will be given.
- To liaise with staff and students & ensure that ICT requirements for Internal/external Events are met and attend as required (e.g. open evenings, presentations etc). If event is outside of hours, Prior notice will be given.
- Liaise with staff to setup and support assemblies
- Maintain asset register
- Maintain software register
- Assist in planning and implementation of ICT projects
You maybe asked to complete different tasks, if considered a reasonable request by the school.
The ICT Technician will:
- Be familiar with a range of ICT technologies (including networking) and applications, and specifically the Microsoft Programs, server operating systems and Office applications
- Be familiar with Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS & DHCP
- Have previous experience of Apple products - desirable but not essential
- Have previous experience of the Android operating system - desirable but not essential
- Be a good communicator
- Be punctual, trustworthy and honest
- Be flexible and enthusiastic, and be able to work and communicate with a wide range of people
- Be able to work as part of a team, but be prepared to operate independently if and when required
- You should be enthusiastic, motivated and able to manage around workload. You must be flexible, approachable and able to communicate with the range of professionals, staff and young people themselves whilst also having a zest for life.
Closing Date: 7th October 2020 Noon
Interviews: Week commencing: 12th October 2020
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment.
All postholders are subject to enhanced DBS checks