Brighter Futures for Children
Adoption & Permanence Service
Brighter Futures for Children is improving outcomes for Reading's children, young people and families.
We are an independent, not-for-profit-company, wholly owned by Reading Borough Council. Our responsibility is to deliver quality children's services, early help, education and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) services in the borough.
We are in the process of creating a new Adoption & Permanence Service within our Children’s Social Care Service which will ‘go live’ on the 1st of November. The service will bring together a number of our permanency planning services including, but not limited to:
- Permanency Planning for all Children Looked After aged up to 14 years;
- Family finding for children with Care Plans of permanent fostering;
- The assessment of Connected Carers and Special Guardians;
- Supervision of and support to Connected Carers;
- The provision of Special Guardianship Support Services;
- The registration of Private Foster Carers and monitoring and supporting private fostering arrangements;
- Liaison with our RAA and the day-to-day management of our RAA contract;
- The provision of support and advice to social workers and managers across the local authority, with regards to achieving and maintaining permanent placements for Children Looked After.
This offers an exciting opportunity to join a newly created service and to be involved in supporting us in developing and establishing new ways of working which will benefit our Children Looked After and those living in Special Guardianship and Private Fostering arrangements within the Borough.
Training and Support available
Post specific training will be made available to all successful applicants dependent on the requirements of each post and the applicant’s previous experience.
Training will also be made available to all applicants around:
- Relevant BFfC policies, procedures and Practice Guidance;
- The BFfC Mosaic records system.
Professional supervision will be available and Individual professional objectives will be set as part of your continuous professional development and will be reviewed through professional supervision and annual appraisals (with six monthly review).
For more information and a confidential discussion about any of these posts please contact Hilary Loades: Hilary.email@example.com
Closing date for applications – Sunday 18th October
Interviews – Wednesday 28th October