Earlham Primary School
Earlham Grove, Forest Gate, London E7 9AW
Full - Time (36 hours per week- split shift)
Scale 6 Salary £27,228 - £28,215
We are seeking to appoint a permanent School Site Supervisor for our school.
Earlham Primary School is a Primary School with Pupils from 3 to 11 years old.
We are very excited to be opening this new role in our growing team and are looking for someone who is prepared to come on the journey with us.
Our school is part of Eko Multi Academy Trust in the London Borough of Newham. We also have sites across Barking and Dagenham and Hackney.
- A positive and caring ethos and working atmosphere
- A committed, enthusiastic and supportive staff team
- CPD and in-house training
- Healthcare and Wellbeing service access provided
- Welcome pupils and visitors to the school following the School's visitor procedures
- To provide access to the building and grounds to authorised persons at all reasonable times
- Responsible for ensuring the building and contents are secured
- Liaise with the School Senior Administrator as required regarding maintenance and the Health & Safety of the school
- Carry out maintenance and repairs to the building, furniture and equipment within the scope of a competent handyman
- Manage the operation of the heating and lighting systems: monitoring usage and promoting energy conservation in the school.
- To manage deliveries and porterage duties as required and particularly the laying out of furniture and other equipment for timetabled activities without direct instruction
- Monitor the standards of cleaning of the building
- Maintain, monitor record statutory Health & Safety checks ensuring the premises are compliant e.g: Legionella Water testing, fire alarm testing, emergency lighting testing etc
- Miscellaneous duties of a practical nature as circumstances demand, or at the reasonable request of the Head teacher and or members of SLT
- Any other duties as required g. liaising with external contractors
We are looking for someone who has:
- Good working knowledge of Health & Safety
- Excellent Handyman skills
- Ability to communicate with adults and children politely and effectively
- Organised and works in a timely way
- Able to start and complete actions that support the smooth running of the school
Closing Date: Sunday 18th October 2020
Interviews: commencing 20th October 2020
To request for an application form please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application forms to be sent to
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including DBS. (School name) and Eko Trust supports Equal Opportunities Employment.