We are seeking a well-qualified, outstanding Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Coordinator (SENDCo) / Inclusion Manager who can provide inspirational leadership and management of the special needs provision across our school. You will join our experienced and dedicated team and work with SLT to continue to provide outstanding provision for children with additional needs. If you have a passion for learning and want to share it, we want to hear from you. We wish to appoint an energetic, enthusiastic, resilient, dedicated and forward-thinking individual who will establish a great rapport with the whole school community and enjoy working in our large, vibrant school.
The role will involve building on the work completed by our current SENDCo and help to develop the strategic direction of the school in relation to inclusion and special needs. You will be expected to lead and oversee a team of experienced intervention staff.
The ideal candidate will:
- Preferably have previous experience working as a SENDCo/Inclusion lead, and have completed or prepared to undertake the National Award for SEN Co-ordination;
- show a passion for education and hold the belief in ALL children being enabled to reach their full potential;
- be able to lead, motivate and inspire others – staff and pupils;
- have excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills;
- be resilient, determined, approachable and creative;
- have high expectations, commitment and enthusiasm for the teaching and development of all students, particularly those who are vulnerable and/or with SEN;
- have prior knowledge of intervention programmes;
- have the ability to analyse data effectively and use it to enhance provision;
- have a thorough understanding of the SEND Code of Practice and its implications;
- be a team player and become fully involved in life at St Werburgh’s and St Columba’s Catholic Primary School.
Our staff and governors are committed to continuous professional development for all. In addition, a team of skilled and effective teaching assistants support all classes. The SENDCo will work closely with class teachers and, in particular, our team of Teaching Assistants to devise, oversee and evaluate whole school SEND provision. The SENDCo will manage the annual review process and line manage all SEND Teaching Assistants including undertaking their annual appraisals.
Please complete the CES Application form which can be downloaded as part of the application pack
Hours of work: Four days per week (0.8FTE)
Contract type: Permanent
Salary/Grade: £36,961 (full time salary) - M6 and SENCO Allowance
Closing date (and time): Monday 19th October @12.00noon
Interview date: Thursday 22nd October
Commencement date: 4th January 2021
Contact and application submission to: Mr Craig Wyna, School Business Manager – 01244 981228 or email email@example.com