Closing date for applications: 12th November 2020 at 9am
Shortlisting will conclude by the 16th November 2020
Interviews will take place on the 23rd & 26th November 2020. Please note due to social distancing guidance interviews will be conducted via video link.
This role will be working on a externally funded project until March 2022. This project will focus on delivery in Hastings and Bexhill. Although currently working from home, this is a permanent post and our office is based in Bexhill so this will involve travel to these areas.
What you'll be doing
Could you support a resident to achieve their career goals?
We’re looking for an Employment Support Officer who’s passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. Working as part of Social Impact employment team you’ll be providing information, advice and guidance on one2one and group basis.
Identifying our residents most in need of support by working closely with our income, Financial Inclusion and Tenancy Sustainment teams. Be target focused to help us achieve our goal of supporting over 1000 people into employment or training each year.
Full driving licence is essential. Travel between sites will be a requirement for this role.
There may be a requirement to attend meetings and other activities outside of normal working hours.
What you'll need
- Relevant professional qualifications in employment support, community development, community health service delivery, youth work/young persons’ services, health care provision or relevant work based experience of similar experience
- Experience in working with customers and community stakeholders to deliver training and advice activities
- Experience in providing 1-2-1 support, information advice and guidance
- Experience in supervising volunteers and project participants
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Much of the work the employment support officer will be involved with will be using interactive meeting tools for example Microsoft Teams, Zoom etc. So some experience in setting up and hosting these interactions would be beneficial.
- Ability to prepare precise reports on project activities including performance and financial data and record keeping
- Ability to develop and maintain local partnerships