37 hours a week, includes at least one evening during term time
Salary - £19,312 to £21,748
New Directions College is Reading Borough Council’s Community Learning and Skills service. This year we’re celebrating 62 years of Adult Learning in Reading.
We’re a small friendly team with an ambitious plan for the future. At New Directions we pride ourselves on not turning people away and helping individuals progress on their journey whatever their personal goals. Ofsted judged the service as ‘Good’ in 2011, 2015 and 2019.
About The Role
We’re seeking an individual with high levels of customer service skills to join our front line team. Your role will be to support and guide learners as they begin their learning journey; providing advice and guidance about our courses, support options to assist them as they learn, all within a supportive and welcoming and environment.
With fantastic opportunities for growth and development, this role would suit an experienced customer service professional who is looking for a varied customer facing role.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to contribute to service developments to improve the learner experience.
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities.
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop.
Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- 'Your Reading Passport' scheme - competitive rates for local gyms
For more information on the role please contact Marta Johansen (Senior Business Services Officer) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Sunday 18th October 2020
Interviews will take place: TBC via Microsoft Teams
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.