This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to make a difference and join one of the country’s largest and most innovative Trading Standards services. We have several positions available ranging from opportunities to enter the profession through to newly qualified and more experienced Trading Standards Officers.
- Entry level positions £21,593, £24,430 or £27,641 per annum for 36 hours per week
- Trading Standards Officers - £31,273 - £34,519 per annum for 36 hours per week
- Senior Trading Standards Officer £35,382 - £39,246 per annum for 36 hours per week
Roles are based at the Walton Street Offices, Aylesbury, HP20 1UP and Woodhatch, Reigate, Surrey, RH2 8BF
- Working in a dedicated team of investigators will give you the opportunity to use your knowledge and investigative skills to help protect the public and legitimate businesses from criminal predators.
- Our nationally recognised business advice service enables you to work closely with a wide variety of companies. You will use your knowledge and experience to provide regulatory advice and Primary Authority support.
- We would particularly welcome applications from officers who hold the statutory qualifications for food standards, metrology or both subject areas.
About the roles
Senior Trading Standards Officer
By agreement these roles can be based either at the Walton Street Offices, Aylesbury, HP20 1UA or at Consort House, Redhill, RH1 1YB. Holding the trading standards qualification, or equivalent, you will be an experienced and knowledgeable officer. You will have the ability to lead investigations into a wide range of complex criminal matters and/or lead business partnerships and independently advise on a wide range of Primary Authority and business matters.
Trading Standards Officer
By agreement these roles can be based either at the Walton Street Offices, Aylesbury, HP20 1UA or at Consort House, Redhill, RH1 1YB. Holding the trading standards qualification, or equivalent, you will be an experienced and knowledgeable officer. You will have the ability to investigate and/or advise on a wide range of Primary Authority and business matters.
Trainee Trading Standards Officer
By agreement these roles can be based either at the Walton Street Offices, Aylesbury, HP20 1UA or at Consort House, Redhill, RH1 1YB. This is an entry level position suitable for a newly qualified or part qualified officer. Alternatively, you may have significant knowledge and advisory experience of consumer protection or civil law and be looking to develop a career in trading standards.
To be shortlisted to interview for this position your application will clearly evidence:
- Experience of working within an investigative or advisory capacity
- An ability to understand, interpret and apply legislation
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job profile.
For an informal discussion contact Trading Standards by email at email@example.com We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 31/12/2020
Interviews will be arranged once applications have been received.
From flexible working we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy.