Abbey School is a new independent special school for children and young persons between the ages of 4 and 19 with a diagnosis of autism and/or severe learning difficulties, who may display behaviour of concern or behaviour that challenges families and services. We have recently opened our doors and are excited to be recruiting and building our staff team. We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, proactive and hard-working Occupational Therapist who is an outstanding practitioner and is committed to improving outcomes for children and young people with SEN and/or disability and their families.
This is a permanent, full-time post, and we are seeking to appoint as soon as possible.
• Provide occupational therapy support to children and young people aged 4-19 with complex autism, learning difficulties and behaviours that challenge, within a day and residential special school setting.
• Work as part of a trans-disciplinary team ensuring each pupil’s needs are understood, accurately planned for and closely monitored.
• Advise members of the teaching team in relation to pupils’ development to achieve the best possible outcomes for children and young people.
• Provide both direct and indirect therapy for individuals and groups of pupils.
• Provide advice and support to Abbey School social care staff for residential pupils.
• Uphold Abbey School policies to protect and safeguard pupils and vulnerable adults in order to secure their health, safety and wellbeing.
For further information please download our recruitment pack which contains details of the job description and person specification.
We are a supportive learning organisation with a strong commitment to staff development and well-being. As a member of our team you will be engaged in innovation and discovery. A comprehensive training package will be provided for all staff.
Abbey School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of all pupils. Child safer recruitment procedures operate and the post is subject to references and an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, race, sex, pregnancy and maternity, marriage/civil partnerships, religion/belief, or sexual orientation.
For more information please visit https://www.abbeyschool.com