Brighter Futures for Children
37 hours per week
1 Year Fixed Term Maternity Cover
Some flexible working required depending on service needs
Brighter Futures for Children is an independent, not-for-profit-company, wholly owned by Reading Borough Council. Our responsibility is to deliver quality children's services, early help, education and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) services to children and families in Reading. You will work as part of a targeted youth support team providing services for young people aged 13-19 (up to 25 years for those with LDD) in target groups e.g. YP who are NEET, displaying poor behaviour and exclusions from school etc. You will ensure the voice of the young person is heard and directly influences the design and delivery of services
The role is busy and varied and includes:
- To work with a caseload of young people who are facing a range of challenges and who may resist engagement – there may be a requirement to work intensively over a period of time with some young people.
- To be responsible for the development, planning, delivery and evaluation of high quality youth work programmes that provide personal and social development opportunities for targeted young people.
- To ensure that the voice and views of the young person, are sought, heard and represented appropriately, evidencing this throughout the work.
- To be outcome focussed – ensure that assessments and plans demonstrate the long, medium and short term outcomes that the young person, family and team around the child look to achieve.
- To liaise effectively and work with universal, targeted and statutory services and partners where appropriate e.g. schools, colleges, YOS, CSC, Elevate and specialist youth workers.
- To review the young peoples’ progress as and when appropriate – to be able to confidently assess when to signpost for safeguarding or specialist services and when to step down interventions.
You should have previous experience of working with children, young people and their families and ideally have knowledge of child development.
For more information and a confidential discussion please contact James Old firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact email@example.com for any recruitment enquiries.
Closing date for pplications is 08th November.
Interviews will be week commencing 16th November