We are looking to recruit two enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals to work in our busy Licensing Team. Working at the first point of contact for the Licensing Team we need you to help us provide a friendly and efficient front line service. You will be dealing with enquiries and requests for service from members of the public, businesses, Elected Members and colleagues.
The posts are based in our Taxi Licensing Team where the successful applicant will undertake a wide range of functions in relation to taxi and private hire activities. There will also be opportunities to get involved in other areas of Licensing work.
The main duties of this interesting and varied role will be:
• To receive and process applications and fees.
• Providing accurate and efficient word processing and clerical support.
• To advise applicants of the current procedures and implications of legislation and conditions.
• To deal with queries and complaints of a confidential nature.
• To carry out routine enforcement and inspections of licensed premises and activities with a view to taking enforcement action where required.
• Multi Agency work with partnership agencies including Humberside Police.
• Attend and give evidence in court and at licensing hearings where appropriate.
You will require the ability to ensure the accurate maintenance of manual and electronic departmental records and have experience of preparing letters and reports. The ability to communicate confidently and effectively both in writing and verbally are essential, as is the ability to prioritise your workload and work on your own initiative. Previous experience in enforcement and licensing issues are desirable but not essential as we are committed to providing you with the relevant training opportunities.
Your normal working hours will be 37 hours per week and will involve some occasional evening and weekend work. We offer excellent conditions of service with a benefits package that includes an excellent pension scheme and flexible working arrangements.
For an informal chat about the role please contact:
Adrian Moody 324759 – firstname.lastname@example.org or
Iain Peck 324772 - Iain.email@example.com or
Katie Price 325365 – firstname.lastname@example.org or
Tina Anderson 324044 - email@example.com