Level 3 IT Infrastructure Apprentice
(fixed term contract for 18 months)
35 hours per week, all year round
Salary: £12,000 to £13,000 per annum
La Retraite RC School is an outstanding Roman Catholic Secondary Girls School with a mixed Sixth Form, providing great quality education to all our students.
We are currently looking to expand our IT support team and are looking to recruit a Level 3 IT Infrastructure Apprentice.
Weekly working hours will total 35 per week, Monday to Friday, 8.00am-4pm with a 1 hour unpaid lunch break.
Your main duties will include:
- Support to students and staff in the appropriate use of IT
- Desktop & Application Support – Connect, set up and check PCs
- Performing basic PC hardware repairs and upgrades
- Management of laptops/devices for teachers, other staff and students
- Maintaining inventory of the school’s IT systems
- Following relevant H&S procedures
- Server & Network Support
Some of the key skills and qualifications include:-
- GCSE passes in English and Maths or equivalent at Level 4 and above
- Logical, creative thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to learn and comply with procedures
- Able to judge priorities
- Interest in developing good IT skills
- Proficient use of office computer software including word-processing, spreadsheet, database and internet systems.
- Ability to work independently constructively as part of a team, understanding school roles and responsibilities including own.
- Understanding of the importance of Data Protection in an educational setting
- Understanding of basic health & safety and its application in a large school
The successful candidate will be given the equivalent of up to one day each week, for study related to the role. Some of that study time may be delivered remotely and on site”.
We offer all staff access to an Employee Assistance Programme. We are in a good location 10 minutes’ walk from both Balham and Clapham South tube stations and near a number of key bus routes.
Should you wish to apply for the post, please go onto our website www.laretraite.lambeth.sch.uk and apply online. If you should have any technical queries about the post please contact Mr Amaro Silva, ICT Network Manager via email, on email@example.com . For non-IT queries, please contact Ms Clarke on firstname.lastname@example.org. Visits are encouraged and can also be arranged with Ms Clarke via email (email@example.com) or by telephoning her on 020 8673 5644.
Closing date is on Monday 9th November 2020
The Recruitment process is expected to take place before the end of November 2020.
Please note that the recruitment process for this post, will include an initial video interview. Successful candidates will then be invited into school for onsite written and practical tasks.
La Retraite RC School is committed to safer recruitment and is an Equal Opportunities Employer.