Deputy Team Manager - Domestic Abuse
Salary: MM1 (£38,946 to £49,818)
X1 Fixed term contract for up to 11 months
This is an exciting opportunity to join Enfield’s specialist domestic abuse team within children services, providing intensive and specialist support to families where they have experienced domestic abuse. Having been started in 2019, this team is on an exciting journey to develop further the services provided to those children requiring assessment, support and protection. The team is based at Charles Babbage House and line managed by the Service Manager: Access and Assessment Bernadette Eugene-Charlery.
We want a highly motivated Deputy Team Manager who see themselves as a future leader to apply for these positions. The team is a core part of Children’s Social care supporting ambitious social workers and other staff to make their contact with every child count. The aim of the service is to assess, intervene and reduce risk of domestic abuse. This post is an 11 month fixed term contract for adoption leave cover for the current Deputy Team Manager in post.
It’s time to take your next step and apply to be part of a Local Authority that is good in all service areas with an upward trajectory to outstanding.
With a highly diverse population of over 80,000 children and young people, Enfield is the place where social work thrives.
Enfield prides itself on having a supportive work culture and stable management team that gives social workers the autonomy they need to deliver a first-class service to vulnerable children and their families.
In addition to a competitive salary, our commitment to you is:
- One month paid sabbatical
- Annual Social Work Conference and up to 10 study days
- Clear career progression pathways
- Flexible and agile work practices
- Up to 40 days leave including bank holidays, with the option to buy up to an additional 10 days of annual leave
Our practice is underpinned by professional standards and promises to our children and young people. Our chosen model across the safeguarding partnership is Signs of Safety.
What we’re looking for:
An experienced practitioner/manager (social worker registered with the HCPC) who can demonstrate through qualifications and experience that they can have ambition to drive Enfield services to outstanding.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
2. Your CV which includes your full work history since leaving full time education.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: Midnight 8th November 2020
Interview date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Amy Hanson on 020 8132 1649 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi on 0208 132 1615 or email@example.com .
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.