YOS Operations Manager
Salary: MM2 (£48,078 to £61,497)
X1 Permanent, Full Time (36 hours) position
An exciting position has become available in Enfield Youth Offending service for a suitable candidate to join the service leadership management team. We are looking for an exceptional calibre individual to help us to provide high quality youth justice service. Our ambition is to see children as children within youth justice services, treat them fairly and help them to build on their strengths so they can rehabilitate and make positive contributions to society. This will prevent offending and create safer communities with fewer victims in Enfield. You will be joining a well-resourced service supported by mature management team that has a clear understanding of strengths and areas of development within our practice.
The post holder will be responsible for management of multi-disciplinary team of case workers and specialist posts from partner agencies such as Probation and Police, ensuring the service provided to young people is underpinned by effective youth justice practice.
We would like to hear from you if you are passionate about children, able to motivate and get the best out of your team and you are a team player with a can do approach. We are specifically looking for someone with excellent understanding and management experience of youth justice services and assurance processes to enable delivery of high quality service.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
2. Your CV which includes your full work history since leaving full time education.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: Midnight 19th November 2020
Interview date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Linda Crawford on 020 8132 2375 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi on 0208 132 1615 or email@example.com
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.