Salary: £46,845 TO £52,371 Per Year
Do you have a commitment to ensuring the delivery of good quality services in Reading? We are recruiting to a permanent Mental Health Team Manager for Adult Social Care.
The Team Manager has line management responsibility for around 10 staff and works with the management team to assure the delivery of safe, effective quality care. Reading Borough Council is committed to embedding the personalised care principles into practice, so service users and their families are involved in care decisions, in line with legislative and statutory guidance.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced professional, with excellent communication skills and a sound knowledge and understanding of the Mental Health Act 1983, Care Act 2014, Mental Capacity Act 2005, Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards and Safeguarding Adults.
You must demonstrate competency in these areas through post qualification experience and study.
About the Role
You will support the team in assuring it meets its duty under the Mental Health Act 1983, Care Act 2014, Mental Capacity Act 2005 and it safeguards and protect adults at risk. To be the Locality Lead and represent the Department at S117 panel.
You’ll provide support and advice to your supervisees and other team members and make a proactive contribution to the development of excellent performance in the team. You will promote person centred practice which balances positive risk taking and the promotion of independence with effective risk management plans.
You will develop positive working relationships with stakeholders, especially health colleagues, in order that needs can be met holistically.
If you are a highly motivated individual who is passionate about Adult Social care services, then we would like to hear from you.
This is an excellent development opportunity for an experienced Senior Practitioner.
You will need a relevant Health or Social Care qualification and have experience in managing services within Adult Social Care.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
Local Government Pension Scheme(LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
- Shopping vouchers and money off deals
For further information on the post, please contact Jo Purser via email Jo.email@example.com
Closing date: Sunday 1st November 2020
Interview date: to be confirmed
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.