Closing date for applications: Sunday 1st November 2020 at midnight
Shortlisting will take place 3rd November 2020
Interview date: 9th and 10th November 2020 via video link due to social distancing guidance.
Financial Inclusion Officer
Location: Building 800 KSP (a percentage of this role is mobile working)
Contract: 12 month Fixed Term Contract
What you'll be doing
The Financial Inclusion delivers a customer focused service where we help to empower residents to sustain their tenancies. We deliver both welfare benefits advice and money guidance support. We inform residents of their welfare rights with the aim to ensure they are receiving all the benefits they are entitled to and support residents with possible grant applications.
- Extensive knowledge of a wide range of benefits (including welfare reform) together with excellent knowledge of working an advisory role
- Experience of handling case work and referring to relevant organisations
- Knowledge of completing applications for benefits, grants, appeals and funding
- Understanding the principals of budgeting for low income families
- Good understanding of equality and diversity.
What you'll have
- Ideally you will have experience within a Financial Inclusion role and have an in depth understanding of delivering a customer focused financial inclusion service which embraces Optivo culture, current and future legislation, policy and procedure and best practice.
- Provide a tailored service to help customers manage their finances and improve their financial capability avoiding legal action and potential eviction. Working closely with Income/Housing Teams to review pre eviction cases ensuring appropriate support has been offered prior to action.
- Provide advice and assistance to customers, helping them find solutions to difficulties with claiming benefits, multiple debts and poverty.
- Offer guidance and support to vulnerable customers to help them manage their finances and prevent debt build up. Operate flexible working hours to make sure all customers have access to this service
- Ensure good standards of case management are maintained on the relevant Financial Inclusion/Income and CRM computer systems, recording all notes/actions clearly, accurately and appropriately.
- Holds a driving licence and has the ability to drive.
The office base is Building 800 KSP and so the successful candidate would have the option to claim expenses incurred from this base. The team have been able to work a lot more effectively and support even more residents remotely however there is still the expectation/requirement that the successful candidate would need to make visits to resident’s homes and other meetings within the Kent Region whenever the service is required.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll enjoy a great salary and benefits package, including 27 days (rising to 30 days) plus bank holidays, and a day off for your birthday. You can also buy and sell leave up to 5 days. We have generous pension and life assurance schemes too, plus a cycle to work scheme and travel loans. Add in a healthcare cash plan covering dental, glasses, physiotherapy, vaccinations, 24 hour GP and more, plus various high street discounts, (not to mention flexible working and in house career development opportunities). If you are passionate about what you do and share our ambitions, we look forward to hearing from you.