Halton Borough Council has an excellent reputation of employing top quality vehicle engineers.
We are looking for a fully skilled Agricultural Plant Engineer that will provide additional skills and added quality to our present team of skilled workers.
The main core element of the position will be working on agricultural vehicles and equipment, experience of working on agricultural vehicles and equipment will be an advantage to potential candidates. Engineers that are highly trained in other areas of mechanical engineering will also be considered for this position.
Full training will be provided to achieve Nominated Tester status, if the applicant can demonstrate they are qualified to complete DVSA MOT training and have an enthusiastic attitude in continuing their engineering development within the Authority.
The main duties will include:
- The repair and maintenance of all Vehicle and Plant operated by the Authority
- Hackney Carriage and Private vehicle Taxi Testing
- Class IV, V and VII MOT testing
- Repair and Maintenance of private cars and light commercial vehicles
- To work in safe and efficient manner at all times
The successful applicant will be based at Halton Borough Council Depot,Lower House Lane, Widnes,WA8 7AW
The prospective candidate must be enthusiastic with regard to a career with Halton Borough Council. With first class mechanical engineering skills and possessing a proven history of the repair and maintenance of agricultural vehicles/equipment, cars and light commercial vehicles. A flair for mechanics and engineering and a Good standard of education and a commitment to continual development is a must.
The candidate we are looking for should be:
- Reliable, punctual and possess a professional manner
- Strong personality with a willingness to pass skills on and learn new skills
- A polite and pleasant manner, with excellent communication skills
- Good Team Player, Self-motivated and Hardworking
If you feel you are the right person for the role please apply today.
“You will enjoy working here in Halton, we look forward to hearing from you”
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Chris Cullen 0151 511 7937
Interviews to be held in December 2020