Bracknell Forest is a small, innovative local authority that offers secondary newly qualified teachers excellent career choices in academies and maintained schools. You will follow a managed led induction programme, supported by your personal mentor, to encourage you to reach your full potential throughout your career.
We look for individuals who have the ability and imagination to inspire and challenge the children they teach to energise them to achieve their potential.
We recognise that to invest in you is essential to the young learners you teach.
What we offer:
Bracknell Forest’s well-resourced schools provide the setting for you to flourish and develop, and can offer:
- training developed in line with changing requirements and feedback from previous NQTs to form structured, professional but fun sessions enabling interaction and the ability to network with other NQTs.
- a two-year structured package of high-quality professional development, during your induction year and beyond. In your first year you will receive a programme of mentor support and 10% non-contact time to consolidate your learning and enhance your teaching. In your second year you will continue to benefit from the provision of a dedicated mentor and receive 5% non-contact time away from the classroom.
- ongoing support into subsequent years, including courses for those who aspire to and are recognised in their own school as potential leaders.
- Opportunities to collaborate with colleagues from other schools in Bracknell Forest both virtually and in person.
Unlike with some agency placements, as an employee of a Bracknell Forest school you receive pay in line with Teacher’s National Pay Conditions, this includes:
- Outer Fringe Pay Allowance
- Pay throughout school holidays
- Sick pay/maternity pay
- Pension scheme
- Option for July start for NQTs
- Flexible staff benefits scheme including childcare vouchers
- The ability to reclaim your Student Loan repayments for teachers in some secondary subjects.
Bracknell Forest runs an online application pool system for secondary school applicants. Your details are circulated to the Headteachers at our six secondary schools and schools interested in your application will contact you with suitable vacancy details and invite you for a school visit and interview. We will continue to match your application to school vacancies until you find a post which suits you.
Bracknell Forest Council
School Recruitment Team, Time Square, Market Street, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1JD
Tel: 01344 354005