An exciting opportunity has arisen for full time Senior Supervising Social Workers and Supervising Social Workers specialising in the General Fostering Team and Assessing Social worker in the Family and Friends Team based in Woking or Redhill.
The successful candidate will be part of a creative fostering service that works with the theories of trauma, attachment and loss, social pedagogy and restorative practice to ensure the best outcomes for our children.
The primary focus of the Supervising Social Worker role will be supervising Foster Carers, as well as completing assessments for temporary approval under Regulation 24, supervising general and Connected Persons Foster Carers and carrying out general tasks within the wider fostering team.
We are also looking to recruit Assessing Social Workers to undertake Connected Persons and special guardianship assessments.
Self-motivated and accustomed to working to deadlines, you will have good IT and communication skills, with experience of establishing and nurturing multi-agency relationships.
Salary and Location Information:
- Senior Supervising Social Workers: £40,227 - £44,619 per annum dependent on level of experience
- Supervising Social Workers: £35,382 - £39, 246 per annum
You will be based at one of our two office locations in either Quadrant Court, 35 Guildford Road, Woking, GU22 7QQ (North West) or Consort House, 5-7 Queensway, Redhill, Surrey RH1 1YB (South East).
To be shortlisted to interview for this position, your application will clearly evidence:
- Experience of working with children and young people and a comprehensive knowledge of legislation relating to Looked After Children
- An ability to be able to work directly with the wider public, Foster Carers and young people and be able to produce clear, evidence based and analytical assessments
- Flexibility to be able to work evenings and occasional weekends, as the role includes attending recruitment events and home visits outside office hours
- You need to be a qualified Social Worker, registered with Social Work England
Although these roles are primarily based within the Fostering Team in Quadrant Court, Woking or Consort House, Redhill you will need to be prepared to travel countywide and in some instances country-wide, therefore access to your own transport is essential.
For more information, please see the full job description attached at the bottom of this page.
For an informal discussion please contact Clark McAuly at email@example.com or Carol Norrington at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 29th November with interviews to follow.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service and 30 days annual leave with 5 years continued service.
a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.