This an exciting and wide-ranging role, working as part of the Tenancy Involvement and Improvement Specialist Team at Wokingham Borough Council (WBC). The Housing Projects and Improvement Specialist will report to the Performance and Improvement Specialist and has a varied remit of responsibilities.
The specific tasks that you would be expected to undertake include:
• To assist in the Policy Development for Housing, Income and Assessments including supporting new innovative engagement and consultation methods.
• Manage the Policy library and ensure reviews are highlighted and undertaken.
• To design, develop and lead on satisfaction surveys for the Housing Service to help shape services through tenant involvement.
• Support the Performance Specialist on statutory government returns to ensure service compliance.
• To be the lead on the Borough wide Tenant Audit program every 3/5 years.
• To be the super-user on Housing Service IT systems and respond to information requests from the Housing Team.
• Be the administrator for Right to Buys and Tenants Home Contents Insurance programs.
• Perform ad-hoc tasks as and when requested by the Housing Service senior management team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic professional with demonstrable experience of working within an operational housing environment.
The ideal candidate would:
• Have some knowledge and experience of working in a Social Housing environment
• Be customer focused, with a ‘can do’ attitude, flexible, trustworthy and dependable.
• Have experience of working in an environment of continuous improvement and innovation.
• Have experience of working in a large, complex and political organisation.
• Be well organised, a resilient problem solver with the ability to manage heavy workloads.
• Be a professional and polite team player, able to build and maintain positive working relationships and partnerships internally and externally.
• Able to use initiative, taking ownership of issues and responsibility for decisions
• Excellent levels of written and IT literacy
Closing date: 11pm, 22nd November 2020
Interviews From: Week Commencing 30th November (subject to change)
For an informal discussion, please contact: Baljinder Reyatt on email Baljinder.Reyatt@wokingham.gov.uk
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.