Be part of our highly efficient and experienced Revenues team, be supported to work dynamically and flexibly
The Revenues Team is at the heart of the organisation and is proud of the professional standing it holds within the organisation. The Revenues Team plays a fundamental role in ensuring the Council can deliver services by maximising collection of local taxes
What it’s like working in our team…
We are a friendly team who work closely together and are responsible for billing, collection and recovery of Council Tax and Business Rates. We have a good track record for high collection rates and maintain excellent performance across all areas.
Clearly these last 6 months have been a challenge to the team, however through investment in IT and a flexible approach to working styles the Revenues Team has coped admirably and taken the opportunity to adapt and explore new ways of working.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- Manage the Billing Section, determining policy, procedures and practice for the billing and collection of Council Tax and Business Rates.
- To devise, review and amend written procedures for all billing and collection tasks and implement amendments keeping office procedures under review.
- To respond to correspondence and enquiries of a more technical, sensitive or complex nature.
- To arrange the input of computer runs relating to Council Tax and Business Rates and deal with the system reports
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre (The Lexicon).
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
- Access to childcare vouchers.
What we’re looking for…
- A motivated, enthusiastic, well organised individual who has strong customer care values, strong team ethics and a good understanding of Business Rates and Council Tax legislation. The successful candidate needs to be a good communicator who can show tact and diplomacy
Interviews will be held on
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Name - David Evans
Job Title - Revenue Services Manager
Phone Number- 01344 352098
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified