We are looking for a Personal Assistant to provide exceptional administrative and secretarial support to one of the Assistant Directors in Land & Property and the Property Senior Leadership Team as required.
You will provide a range of PA support, including:
- Complex diary management: responsibility for organising meetings, conference calls, site visits and team away days.
- Producing correspondence, drafting reporting documents and presentations for a variety of audiences and meetings.
- Taking action notes / minutes at meetings, producing agendas for meetings / workshops and co-ordinating the sessions as required.
- Ensuring the Assistant Director is fully briefed and prepared with the relevant paperwork for all meetings in advance.
- Records management (owning and updating various trackers, filing, database management, actions management log)
You will also provide administrative support to the wider Senior Leadership Team of Land & Property, including some diary management during busy periods and leave, and support for other activities as required.
These duties will include:
- Dealing with incoming calls effectively, referring them to the relevant sources and ensuring customers are dealt with efficiently; meeting and exceeding the standards expected under Customer Service Excellence
- Develop effective working relationships with Cabinet Members and officers across the organisation and externally with Districts & Boroughs and other public, private, voluntary and community organisations and supplier and business representative groups
- Assist with raising and monitoring purchase orders, including becoming an expert user of SAP and other software packages to maintain Organisational Management information and related activities
- Review processes to improve the effectiveness of the whole service. Process improvement is something that will be very important for the Land & Property Service as they look to update their ways of working more efficiently due to the on-going COVID-19 pandemic.
- Undertake other relevant duties as might be deemed necessary by the Director of Property, contributing flexibly to the overall requirements of the Service, including minute taking, helping your fellow team of PA’s, meeting support where appropriate and co-ordination of regular communications to all staff across multiple sites.
You will be joining a large team of PA’s who support other Assistant Directors within the service and you will need to demonstrate the following skills in your cover letter in order to be shortlisted for an interview:
- Ability to support members of Senior Leadership Teams with complex and conflicting demands.
- Ability to draft complex and often politically demanding responses to correspondence.
- Demonstrate some knowledge and understanding of the political environment here at Surrey County Council.
- Can communicate in a clear and concise manner to people from all backgrounds and levels of responsibility, both internally and externally.
- Able to implement a new process to improve the customer journey.
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert
Surrey County Council is committed to the development of its workforce and as such this role is only available to applicants who already work for Surrey County Council. We thank you for your interest in Surrey County Council and would encourage you to review our current vacancies which are available to all.
This role will be based working from home, however, there may be the need to travel into some of our corporate sites on occasion as deemed necessary by your Assistant Director.
For an informal discussion contact Eva Webb by e-mail at Eva.email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 22/11/2020.
Interview dates to be confirmed.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy.