The right to vote is the bedrock of a free society, be part of delivering democracy at a local level.
Providing an efficient and professional service to residents, electors and range of local stakeholders, the Electoral Technician plays a vital part in our team.
This role requires a significant amount of internal and external customer contact, so you will be able to demonstrate excellent inter-personal and communication skills as well as a strong attention to detail and the resilience to work well under pressure at key times.
2021 will a busy year for the elections team with the postponed Police and Crime Commissioner elections taking place in May alongside a variety of other delayed polls. Working with us until June will provide a great opportunity to get involved with the delivering democracy at a local level during a unique time.
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we want to hear from you!
What it’s like working in our team…
Electoral Services is at the heart of the Council’s democratic process, not only ensuring a complete and accurate electoral register but also responsible for the smooth conduct of elections and referendums. The electoral team at Bracknell Forest is highly regarded and prides itself on delivering a high-quality service.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- To maintain and ensure the efficient administration and upkeep of the digital electoral management system.
- To deal with routine enquiries from the public, elected members, officers and other government bodies relating to electoral registration and elections.
- To input, maintain and retrieve electoral registration records using digital and manual systems, verifying the accuracy of information held and to undertake routine electoral registration tasks as required.
- To support the wider Democratic and Registration Services team with other work as required.
The benefits you will experience are…
- A supportive and caring team
- A diverse and interesting workload
- The opportunity to work on some vital local democracy projects
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
What we’re looking for…
This is a fixed-term contract so you’ll need to hit the ground running and while knowledge and experience of electoral processes would be an advantage, if you can demonstrate the values and behaviours that are important to the Council and have the skills and attributes we are looking for, we will help and support you to get the most from your time with us.
Monday 7 December 2021
Want to ask us a question? –
Name: Philip Sadler
Job Title: Electoral Services Manager
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.