1.0 FTE SOCIOLOGY TEACHER
REQUIRED FROM JANUARY 2021 OR APRIL 2021
Inner London pay scale: up to £49,571 per annum (PAY AWARD PENDING), depending upon experience
We are looking for an exceptional and dynamic Sociology teacher who is able to: -
- contribute to raising standards of student achievement by teaching a timetable of lessons across key stages and supporting the subject leader in the achievement of departmental goals
- develop exciting ideas to build on good practice in Sociology
- teach Sociology up to “A” Level
- enthuse students with vision and energy
- work effectively as part of a team
- be an effective form tutor
The ability to teach KS4 and 5 RE would be an advantage
We welcome applications from NQTs.
We offer the following benefits: access to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme, Private Healthcare scheme and an Employee Assistance Programme. We are in a good location 10 minutes’ walk from both Balham and Clapham South tube stations and near a number of key bus routes.
Visits are encouraged and can be arranged by telephoning Ms Clarke, HR Manager on 020 8673 5644 extension 159.
Closing date is 12 noon on Wednesday 2nd December 2020
Interviews will be held by 9th December 2020. Please note that interviews may occur before the closing date and we reserve the right to close the advert earlier.
La Retraite RC School is committed to safer recruitment and is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check. Further information about the disclosure can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.