Are you an experienced Chartered Surveyor looking for a new challenge? An exciting opportunity to take a key role in managing Rutland County Council’s commercial property portfolio.
The role… You will manage the property management and valuation work associated with our commercial property portfolio. This includes taking responsibility for the day to day management of the portfolio, including dealing with lettings, rent reviews, lease renewals and general estate management, as well as professional work including acquisition, valuation and disposals. You will support the development and implementation of a commercial property asset and investment strategy for the portfolio. The role also requires collaborative working across the organisation with colleagues in Finance; Legal and Building Surveyors.
What we’re looking for…
- An enthusiastic and motivated Surveyor, you’re a good communicator who is comfortable working with property owners, tenants, and occupiers
- You will have experience of commercial property management in a multi-site environment, with good knowledge and understanding of Landlord and Tenant and other relevant legislation and guidance
- You are personally and professionally credible, and bring strong analytical and problem solving skills
- You have a RICS qualification or are committed to achieving this standard.
- Previous local authority experience would be advantageous
Why Rutland? Work that makes a difference to people’s lives within this beautiful county, in addition to structured salary reviews, local government pension scheme, discounted access to ‘Active Rutland’ keep fit activities and flexi-time to name just a few!
We act as ‘One Council’ in all we do, with each of us working together in the most effective way to meet the needs of our customers every day – if you share this ethos then we really want to hear from you…
What to do now… Please visit our website at https://jobs.rutland.gov.uk for further information. For an informal discussion regarding the post, please contact Mona Walsh, Head of Property Services, on 01572 758391, mobile 07779 550314 or email@example.com.
If you need any support during the application process, please contact the Recruitment Team, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01572 758343.
Rutland County Council is committed to Equality and Diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Everyone at Rutland County Council has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.