The Counsellor will deliver a therapeutic service to the pupils.
This will primarily be 1:1 Counselling.
The successful candidate will also contribute in developing whole school emotional wellbeing.
To offer pupils individual counselling following relevant school policies and practices.
- Administrating the school therapy service.
- To liaise with school staff in particular pastoral and support.
- To keep suitable records in a secure place, communicating with school staff regarding as appropriate and reposting to the leadership team.
- To provide information on the counselling service, the role of the counsellor and the boundaries of confidentiality to pupils, staff and parents.
- To observe safeguarding procedures in adherence with Archers Brook policies and practices.
- To be mindful of the needs of the whole school and flexible in delivering a therapeutic service.
- To work with a diverse range of issues including bereavement and loss, transition, self harm, depression, anxiety, early developmental trauma attachment disorders, abuse of any kind and mental health.
- Good written and verbal communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to work independently, manage own caseload and use initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- The emotional resilience to encounter high risk cases.
- Flexibility to work systematically within an established organisation.
- Ability to work with change.
- Positive communication and listening skills.
- Self-awareness as a practitioner.
- Qualification/certificate in counselling.
- Further therapeutic training, experience or qualification in working with children and young people knowledge.
- An awareness of range of needs of people from diverse ethnic, cultural and social backgrounds.
- Child Protection knowledge and awareness.
- Minimum of 2 year’s post qualification experience.
- Minimum of 1 year experience of working with children and young people.
- Experience of working in a school (preferred but not essential).
- Experience of working with families (preferred but not essential).
- Experience of facilitating groups (preferred but not essential).
As a statement of commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, the successful applicant will be expected to undertake an DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check.
Applications must be completed on the Portal, any further information contact School Business Manager, Archers Brook SEMH Residential School, Chester Road, Great Sutton, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, CH66 2NA. TEL: 0151 338 2141 or by email to email@example.com