"Our residents do not live in our workplace, we work in their homes"
At Hightown, we`re a housing charity that builds homes and support people. In Gawcott, near Buckingham, Milton Keynes, we provide high-quality care and support to five vulnerable adults with learning and physical disabilities.
We are looking for some new Care Assistants to join our team who have the right values, behaviours and attitudes to be the difference.
Who we are looking for
We`re keen to recruit individuals who care regardless of qualifications or experience. We care more about you sharing and demonstrating our values, which are:
- Putting our residents and service users first
- Treating people with respect, promoting independence and choice
- Developing passionate and committed teams
- Being cost effective without compromising standards or safety
We will give you all the training and support you need to do the role including a fully funded qualification in health and social care and we will support you with your career aspirations.
If you share our values, we`d love you to work for us.
About the role
We have part time roles available on 22.5 hours per week basis (3 shifts a week) where you`ll be working as part of a dedicated team to empower our service users to lead the life they want. You will assist individuals with:
- Mealtimes and social activities including music and art therapy
- Attending appointments and maintaining their health and wellbeing
- Promoting skills and involvement including shopping and domestic tasks such as cooking can cleaning
- Personal care needs
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you or you want to have an informal chat, please contact us on 01442 292309 or email@example.com
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service
- £9.30 per hour plus overtime and bonuses on top of your salary
- Annual bonuses based on satisfactory performance
- Regular reviews of salary and cost of living
- An organisational commitment to employee health and wellbeing
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary and a workplace pension scheme.
- Ongoing comprehensive training and support to deliver outstanding support
- Regular support from your line managers and colleagues in a friendly and supportive team environment
- Fully funded DBS
- Employee assistance helpline
- Structured rota so you know your work pattern in advance
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
How to apply
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
In accordance with CQC regulations, appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire Buckinghamshire and Berkshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 7,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £84 million and a development programme that will deliver over 400 new affordable homes each year.