Directorate: Corporate Services
Starting salary: MA: £12,965 per annum
Location: Based in the Town Hall, Weston-super-Mare
Hours: 37 hours per week
Contract: Fixed term for up to 21 months
Closing date: Friday 11 December 2020
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and confident individual to join our Digital team as an apprentice. Our Digital team is newly established, and the apprentice position will complete the appointments.
The role of the apprentice is to:
- Write and edit web content, ensuring that it meets corporate and accessibility standards
- Work with service managers and the team to review and develop content
- Carry out a range of digital projects that improve customer access to digital content and services.
- Review and fix compliance issues on the corporate website and our microsites
- Support the annual testing programme of user journeys
- Be responsible for streaming meetings of the full Council, its committees and panels to the Internet.
- Carry out administrative duties and research to support the team
- Work closely with the Marketing and Communications team
Key skills and abilities required:
- A good level of English, both written and verbal
- GCSE grades A-C/4-9 in both Maths and English
- High level of attention to detail
- A keen interest in digital technologies
- An appreciation of what works well for an internet audience in terms of content and presentation
Some of the council’s meetings take place in the evening and so you must be prepared to alter your working pattern to meet the needs of the council
The post holder will secure a place on the Level 3 Junior Content Producer apprenticeship with Bridgwater and Taunton College and undertake a programme of study for 21 months. This will include 20% off the job training.
Due to Covid-19, the role will be initially be home-based, with some travel to the Town Hall in Weston-super-Mare, some of which will be outside of normal office hours.
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion, please contact Simone Davey at email@example.com.
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/jobs to download an application pack and apply online.
Anticipated interview date: Thursday 17 December 2020