Havering Primary NQT Pool – September 2021 Start
Each year within Havering, our primary schools recruit around 100 NQTs, with the majority of schools using the Local Authority pool to recruit. This makes it easy for NQTs to find their perfect role with one application, leaving you time and energy to finish your training.
1 application form to complete
- Choose your Key Stage (you can select more than 1) (EYFS - KS1 - KS2)
- No supporting statement - just answer 3 Key Questions.
About Havering Schools
We know our teachers are at the heart of our schools’ success. As a borough, we have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. Our schools invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top quality training programmes delivered at every level from Beginner Teachers to Executive Leaders.
There is a rich mix of foundation, community, voluntary aided schools plus academies to give the perfect opportunity for career development. Our Havering Academy of Leadership offers a range of inspirational training opportunities, enabling teachers to become outstanding practitioners. We are proud to say 97% of primary schools are good or better and we are 14th nationally for Reading, Writing & Maths at KS2.
Find out more about the Havering Academy of Leadership here:
The Application Process
Once you have applied, you will be invited to attend a short interview with one of our Headteachers. Due to the current circumstances, we will be holding these interviews virtually during the week of 25th January 2021.
During the interview, you will have the opportunity to meet some of our primary Headteachers and ask questions about working in Havering. Your details will then be shared with schools and when a vacancy arises, Headteachers will get in touch. You are not under any obligation to take a role, but this approach opens up many opportunities, without having to make multiple applications.
To apply, click on the link below and begin your application. Complete an online form with three application questions. It is advisable to answer the questions in Word and then copy and paste into the application. The questions are (all with 500-word limit):
- Briefly outline a lesson or topic that you have taught on a school placement and identify what made your teaching effective.
- Please tell us how you might differentiate a lesson to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils and ensure that all pupils have the opportunity to meet their learning objective.
- Please explain how your teaching practice will reflect your awareness and commitment to supporting pupils of all backgrounds.
Havering also offers a number of benefits, subject to qualifying conditions for Newly Qualified Teachers:
- July start with July and August paid, subject to headteacher discretion
- Outer London Allowance
- An excellent induction programme
- A strong support network across Havering
Please apply online via the link below.
Closing date for applications Wednesday 20th January 2021.
Pool interviews to be held during week commencing 25th January 2021