CHP are an award winning, people focused organisation based in Chelmsford, Essex, and we are hiring. We have been providing more homes for people unable to rent or buy privately since
March 2002 and we aim to build a home a day - 365 new homes per year.
We are looking for a Tenancy Sustainment Manager to:
- Lead, inspire and motivate the Tenancy Sustainment team to provide CHP’s distinctive customer service.
- Deliver the anti-social behaviour (ASB) and domestic abuse function, tenancy management, enforcement and safeguarding across its neighbourhood.
- Lead, improve and innovate our service enabling our customers to sustain their tenancies and remain safe in their homes.
There couldn’t be a more exciting time to join CHP as we are currently experiencing three times the growth of the industry average. Whilst our customers are at the heart of everything we do, we also aim to make sure our people are happy and healthy, so they can provide the best services. We facilitate collaborative working and host a range of learning activities to develop our people, support their career aspirations and professional qualifications as well as encouraging team building.
Our commitment to our people has been recognised for a number of prestigious awards. In 2018 we were ranked a Top 100 Not-For-Profit Organisation to Work for by the Sunday Times and were named one of the Top 25 organisations within our industry. With wellbeing being one of our top priorities, we aim to help our employees achieve a successful work/life balance with free and subsidised sports classes provided on our dedicated multi-activity outside space, these include netball, football and Pilates. We also offer all employees free fruit and refreshments, discounted gym membership and a cycle to work scheme!
Budget responsibility / expenditure authorisation
- In line with CHP’s delegated authority limits.
- Lead, manage, resource and develop the team to deliver an effective tenancy management, support and sustainment service to ensure CHP’s distinctive customer experience.
- Define CHP policies in line with changes in legislation and regulatory standards to provide customer oriented operating procedures, enabling the Customer Resolution Centre and District teams to deliver a consistently high standard and integrated service.
- Deliver a cost effective and efficient ASB service, liaising with external agencies to co-ordinate resources to deal with anti-social behaviour.
- Ensure appropriate legal action is taken in line with pre-court action protocol and CHP policies and procedures and in co-ordination with other Neighbourhood teams to keep our customers safe and secure in their homes. Liaise with legal representatives to deliver the best outcomes. Legal action includes possession, injunctions, demotions, closure orders.
- Implement and manage information sharing protocols with partners, ensuring GDPR compliance.
- Oversight of case management to monitor progress within agreed timeframes and CHP standards, including pre-court action protocol, and ensuring accuracy of documents.
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement to elevate the service offering from CHP and partners, anticipating the future needs of our customers and communities
- Manage resource and performance of the overall team and establish individual and team targets to effectively deliver CHP’s distinctive customer experience and service standards across the team.
- Establish effective customer complaints management.
- Establish the team budget and its effective utilisation and management to targets and value for money standards.
- Accurate and transparent KPI delivery and regular reporting of performance including Board and Leadership reports.
- Strategically develop and sustain multi-agency partnerships across services to enhance the community. Work with police, councillors, council, education, faith denominations, social services, primary health care and other partner agencies, ensuring smooth referrals and customer access to services.
- Be the safeguarding lead across CHP, ensuring regular training of frontline employees and up to date best practice. Identify and manage all safeguarding matters across CHP, provide guidance on case management and take appropriate action in line with CHP’s Protecting People from Harm (safeguarding) policy. Co-ordinate with partner agencies and the customer, as necessary.
- Provide guidance on new or amended policies and procedures within the specialist area, collaborating with other teams to ensure smooth execution.Support and deputise for Head of Customer Service when required.
- Promote the sign up and usage of the customer portal to enhance the customer experience, raising awareness of an omni-channel experience for delivery of services.
- Undertake any other responsibilities relevant to this post, as directed by your line manager
- Transforming Lives
- Embrace CHP’s mission, strategic objectives and values by being a great team player who leads by example in line with our competency framework to do what it takes to ensure CHP’s success, as well as customer excellence.
- Taking responsibility for your own safety, you will follow correct procedures to ensure a safe and healthy working environment for yourself and others
- Be compliant with the Risk Management Policy, raise awareness of risks with employees, implement strategies to minimise risk and report any new or emerging risks.
- Embrace equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and adhere to all other relevant policies and procedures, communicating these to your team.
- Minimum NVQ 3 or A levels or equivalent, or equivalent demonstrable prior learning.
Experience, knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of Housing regulatory standards, relevant policies and procedures and updated knowledge of Housing legislation, anti-Social Behaviour and domestic Abuse.
- Experience of anti-social behaviour and tenancy sustainment.
- Experience of managing domestic abuse and safeguarding.
- Community and stakeholder engagement including relationship building with other agencies.
- Legal services performance management.
- People management, leadership, team building and engagement skills.
- Experience of case management and complaints.
- Understanding and managing safeguarding and vulnerable customers.
- Ability to lead projects.
- Monitoring and implementing contracts and contractor performance management.
- Managing effectively in an agile work environment.
- Experience of working in a customer focussed role with proven ability to deal with conflict and difficult conversations.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Ownership and personal accountability.
- Accurate reporting of performance metrics and analysing for action including preparation of management and board reports.
- Planning and organisation ensuring delivery of priorities and actions.
- Ability to create and manage budgets and expenditure.
- Proven experience of applying Crime and Policing Act 2014 and representing organisation in Court.
Values and Personal Competencies
- Committed to CHP’s mission and values as well as equality, diversity and inclusion.
- BTEC in ASB case management or similar.
- CSAS Accreditation.
- Appropriate ILM qualification or equivalent, eg ILM 3.
Please ensure you take the time to answer the questions on the application form. Failure to do so will disqualify you from the process.
Committed to equality of opportunity, we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Applications for job share and part-time working will be considered on a business needs basis.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
£44,277 Per Annum
Our benefits include a competitive pension scheme, a healthcare cash plan and numerous learning and development opportunities. We value our people and listen to feedback to ensure we are a great place to work and are able to attract and develop the careers of the best talent in the market.