An exciting opportunity has arisen for a part-time Apprentice Insurance and Finance Administrator in the Insurance Team, part of the Finance and Property service.
As an Apprentice Insurance and Finance Administrator you will be part of a team providing an efficient and effective claims handling service, in particular for property damage claims from members of the public.
We will work in partnership with a training provider to help you achieve an Insurance Practitioner Level 3 Apprenticeship and details of the Apprenticeship Standard are attached.
The role will include:
- Handling claims made against the Council from members of the public due to the condition of the highways in the area
- Dealing with day to day insurance queries from Council services including schools
- Paying invoices and raising purchase orders
- Providing administrative support to the Insurance Team
- Maintaining the Crest system - the Council’s Incident Reporting, Insurance claims handling and Compliance system.
- Supporting the Finance section including carrying out reconciliations.
The ideal applicant will be self-motivated with good communication skills and be able to work well in a team.
This role has been identified as public facing in accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2017; the requirement to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in English applies.
We are ideally looking to offer the successful candidate the full number of hours advertised above. We may however consider offering less hours than advertised providing they meet the requirements of the role and service which will be determined by the recruiting manager.
West Berkshire Council offer excellent employment benefits such as flexible working, access to a wide range of relevant training, local government pension scheme, family friendly policies, a range of local discounts and much more. You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement of 27 days per annum rising to a maximum of 32 days.
For an informal discussion, please contact Leah Rinaldi, Insurance Manager, on 01635 519965.
Interviews are due to take place on Wednesday 27th January 2021.