We need an experienced, competent and committed Social Worker with energy and drive who will work effectively to improve outcomes for our children and young people!
There is a vacancy in our fostering-Support and Development Team, which is performing well against national indicators and delivers good outcome for Lewisham Children.
To be successful, you should be child-focused in approach and possess the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and the relevant others in a Looked After Child’s life.
The Support and Development Team consists of two teams of five Supervising Social Workers who support, monitor, give advice and guidance to foster carers. Ensuring that their work complies with Fostering regulations, policy and procedures. We are committed to achieving stable placements with Lewisham Foster Carers for as many children as possible.
You must demonstrate good knowledge and understanding of Fostering and understanding of the range of issues faced by vulnerable children, their families and the challenges this brings for Social Workers and foster carers.
Laurence House, Catford, SE6 4RU
What we’re looking for
We are looking for someone who has:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- At least 2 years' experience in statutory children's social work.
- Experience and demonstrable skills in engaging children/young people through a variety of direct work methods.
- Good understanding of safeguarding children processes and demonstrate knowledge of the relevant legislative framework: specifically Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011 & 2013 and the Fostering Services National Minimum Standards 2011, Care Planning, placement and Case Review Regulations 2010.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to be flexible, resilient and reflective.
- Experience of managing a varied and complex caseload.
- Ability to write concise, fit for purpose reports and the ability to maintain up to date and accurate records.
In return, we’ll offer excellent development opportunities, plus a range of benefits that includes a career average pension scheme, flexible working and the opportunity to make a real difference to our local community.
£37,491 - £39,462 pa (SW)
For an informal discussion, please contact Fostering Team Manager Mimi Anintah on 0208 314 7229.
Lewisham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
We value diversity and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Please note this post is subject to an enhanced DBS.
To find out more, including a full job description and person specification, and to apply, please visit www.lewisham.gov.uk/JobsAndCareers and search council vacancies
Sunday 31st January 2021, 11.59pm
The Council reserves the right to close adverts early if there is a large response.