Required for September 2021
L11 – L17
Number on roll: 130
The Governing Body are seeking to appoint a practising Catholic who is highly motivated, committed and an exemplary leader to the post of Headteacher. This is a great opportunity for an aspiring Headteacher following the retirement of our existing, well respected Headteacher.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
- Has a deep commitment to the vision and ethos of Catholic Education and is capable of sharing their faith with the whole school community.
- Is an outstanding leader with a proven and demonstrable track record of driving and sustaining improvement.
- Is a highly effective leader who has the ability to lead, motivate and challenge children and staff.
- Is an effective communicator across the school, within the wider St Edward’s family and is committed to continuing the effective partnerships between parish, parents and community.
- Has the necessary drive to pursue and achieve the highest expectation for pupils’ attainment, progress and personal development.
In return, we offer:
- An opportunity to grow professionally in a welcoming and friendly Catholic school.
- A caring school community supported by a strong, effective and vibrant Governing Body together with an engaged wider school and Parish family.
- Happy, well behaved, confident children who are eager to learn and enjoy all aspects of school life.
- A dedicated staff team who strive for high standards of teaching and learning, who help and support each other.
Opportunities to visit the school are warmly encouraged and recommended. Please contact Kerry Dowling in the school office via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01928 572 317 to arrange a visit.
Closing Date: Friday 22nd January 2021 at 10:00am
Shortlisting Date: Monday 25th January 2021
Interview Dates: Wednesday 3rd & Thursday 4th February 2021
All applicants will be considered on the basis of suitability for the post regardless of sex, race or disability.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Shortlisted candidates will be subject to an enhanced criminal conviction check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and a declaration relating to the Child Care Disqualification Regulation (Childcare Act 2006).