Are you looking for a new challenge for 2021? Are you passionate about designing and developing services to improve outcomes for people and communities in Rutland? We are looking for a Senior Commissioning Officer to join our busy team.
- You have experience in commissioning services in a social care or health related field
- You have experience of dealing with people to identify needs and bridge gaps in provision
- You understand strategic priorities and outcomes for individuals and communities
- You are creative in commissioning; redesign and the decommissioning of services
- You are motivated, enthusiastic and willing to take on the challenges of the job
- You are able to work independently and as part of a team
About the role…….
- Leads the effective commissioning of services in the design and development of quality provision which improves outcomes; ensures services reflect recognised best practice, and adapts to changing requirements.
- Develops new and creative models to meet service users’ needs and meets relevant statutory requirements including safeguarding
- Involved in commissioning activities including business intelligence; engagement with communities; managing the market and drawing up strategy documentation
- Preparation of tender documentation; draft specifications; design evaluation processes, and write contract content
The successful applicant for this post will be subject to an standard check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The cost of the DBS is paid for by us.
What we offer in return… Work that makes a difference to people’s lives within this beautiful county, in addition to structured salary reviews, local government pension scheme, discounted access to ‘Active Rutland’ keep fit activities and Flexi-Time to name just a few! We act as ‘One Council’ in all we do, with each of us working together in the most effective way to meet the needs of our customers every day – if you share this ethos then we very much want to hear from you.
What to do now… Please visit https://jobs.rutland.gov.uk for more information about this role. For an informal discussion about the role please contact Toni Bawden, Commissioning Manager on 01572 720996 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow the links to apply online. Alternatively you can contact one of the Recruitment team for an application pack, email: email@example.com or call 01572 758343.
All recruitment correspondence, including interview details, will usually be sent out via email. If you require documentation/correspondence in an alternative format, please contact the HR team.
Rutland County Council is committed to Equality and Diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Everyone at Rutland County Council has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.