Crawley is a place that just keeps getting better and in spite of the pressures placed on us by the Covid-19 pandemic we continue to deliver exciting projects and meet our ambitions.
You will be either working at this strategic level or looking for the opportunity to step up to become a Head of Service. We will be looking for someone who is legally qualified and can demonstrate the ability to lead a wide range of teams that underpin the success and governance of the authority. You will design, drive and deliver a diverse range of agendas and projects. We expect you will operate at the most senior level of the Council, including within political and partnership circles.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Chief Executive and Corporate Management Team and be responsible for:
- The effective management and performance of Legal, Governance and HR services ensuring they are high quality and cost-effective
- You will be the council’s principal legal advisor and act as the council’s Monitoring Officer
- You will work closely with and provide advice to the Cabinet and Members
- You will manage budgets and staff, ensuring compliance with statutory duties
- You will lead the legal and governance aspects of taking the council forward and be involved in many exciting projects.
As the Council strives for continuous improvement and transforms and evolves, your expertise will help us shape our future direction and progress. Strong leadership, decisiveness and ambition for our town are key qualities for this role. You will be instrumental in identifying opportunities for your services and work in a solution focused way to realise the full potential of these important services.
With so much on the horizon, we need a confident, influential leader, an experienced Solicitor or Barrister who understands local authorities and how our organisation operates. You will have worked at a senior level, demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills, together with strong political awareness.
For an informal discussion to be arranged, please contact Natalie Brahma-Pearl, Chief Executive at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Closing date: Sunday 24th January 2021
- First Stage Interviews: Friday 5th February 2021
- Second Stage Interview (Member Panel): Monday 15th February 2021
Ready to join us?
Please quote reference: XL1 - For more information and to apply, please click the link below.
Please ensure that you have read the material on the role carefully before making your application online. In addition to your completed application form, you can if you wish attach your CV and supporting information. Please ensure your completed application addresses the role profile and candidate specification.