The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead is a special and fantastic place to live and work. The council is set in a major tourism area with tourist attractions including Windsor Castle, Legoland and Ascot Racecourse and with the Royal Family on the doorstep, this is a great place to live and work. There are excellent transport connections to London and the West of England, especially with the new Elizabeth Line opening in Maidenhead.
The Council’s Building Control Services are currently provided by a shared service arrangement however the service will be moving in house in 2021 when the current arrangement comes to an end. This is an exciting opportunity to set up our new Building Control service with responsibility for ensuring that the priorities and culture align with those of the Council. Being involved from the outset, you will shape the new service making sure that sound procedures and protocols are established and implemented. Once up and running, you will be responsible for the management and running of the service and influencing and driving its future growth and development. Reporting to the Head of Planning, you will also be a key member of the senior management team.
This is the ideal role for an ambitious candidate who is looking to grow and develop their building control career through this key management role. You will be someone who enjoys and thrives working in a team environment and will have a focus on delivering exceptional customer service.
Other attributes that we are looking for include:
- Qualified surveyor and member of RICS with experience of senior management of building control in a local authority setting.
- A track record of developing and delivering high quality, effective and continually improving services.
- Experience of leading and managing change and a skilled people manager.
- High levels of commercial acumen including wide knowledge of the building control market and strong business planning skills.
- A champion of high-performance culture.
To arrange an informal discussion, please contact Adrien Waite, Head of Planning by email Adrien.Waite@rbwm.gov.uk
Closing date: 24 January 2021