At Hightown, we`re a housing charity that builds homes and support people.
We have an opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join our busy Financial Accounting team for someone who has the right values, behaviours and attitudes to be the difference which are:
- Putting our residents and service users first
- Treating people with respect, promoting independence and choice
- Developing passionate and committed teams
- Being cost effective without compromising standards or safety
If you share our values, we`d love you to work for us.
Who we are looking for
We`re looking for someone who:
- has a professional accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- is experienced in accounting for fixed assets and grants with a sound understanding of the requirements relating to them (IFRS, SORP)
- has good working knowledge of VAT legislation and experience of creating VAT returns
- is able to motivate, inspire and manage staff to achieve consistently high levels of performance.
- has excellent communication skills to effectively present to senior staff and board members on complex financial issues
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with an enthusiastic and `can-do` attitude who can make a real difference by delivering an excellent financial accounting service to the Association including housing fixed asset and grant accounting, VAT returns, and the provision of a payroll service.
About the role
Hightown currently manages over 7,000 homes and has a programme to build over 500 affordable homes each year. You`ll manage a Senior Finance Officer to ensure that the Fixed Assets Database (RAM Database) is maintained and accurately reflects the changes in the Association's stock of properties. You'll also produce the quarterly and annual VAT return dealing with Partial Exemption calculation and the application of any Special Methods and Capital Goods Scheme.
Working alongside the Head of Financial Accounting, you will manage and support the Payroll team to ensure delivery of an excellent payroll service whist striving for continuous improvement with an ongoing programme of review of systems and procedures .
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you or you want to have an informal chat, please contact Samantha Culverhouse, Recruitment Manager on 01442 292277 or email@example.com
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service
- Annual bonuses based on satisfactory performance
- Regular reviews of salary and cost of living to ensure you receive the market salary for the role
- An organisational commitment to employee health and wellbeing
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary and a workplace pension scheme.
- Ongoing training and support to deliver outstanding support
- Free to use on-site gym
- Paid professional subscription
To apply for this position please click the `apply` link below and complete an online application form.
Closing date: Monday 18th January 2021
Interview date: Monday 1st February 2021
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.