Vulnerable Persons Coordinator
Farnham House, Stevenage (subject to workplace review) with the ability to travel to other sites and clients addresses across the county
Starting Salary £27,741pa progressing to £30,451pa
Permanent, 37 hours per week
Fire Prevention is a department within Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service as part of the Community Protection Directorate of Hertfordshire County Council.
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and organised individual to join our team. You’ll be a team player with the ability to prioritise workloads effectively, possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate confidently and effectively both orally and in writing with staff and clients at all levels. Must have experience in a wide variety of software packages including Microsoft Excel/Word/Outlook and databases.
You will work centrally alongside partners and other agencies to coordinate the work of the Prevention team to safeguard and improve wellbeing through advice, education and partnership working with the aim to reduce the number of deaths and injuries to vulnerable adults throughout Hertfordshire.
Duties are varied and include:
- Dealing with confidential and sensitive matters, updating computer databases and spreadsheets.
- To act as Safeguarding first point of contact for Adult Care Services, including representing the Service at multi-agency meetings, undertake risk assessments and train fire crews and staff with safeguarding processes.
- To evaluate, audit and review the work of Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service relating to vulnerable adults.
- To deliver awareness programme of risk factors which may contribute to fire deaths and injuries, both internally and externally, and encourage referral from all agencies.
- Provide central support and signposting of services for Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service personnel.
- Manage and coordinate activity contained within the Community Safety Calendar relating to vulnerable adults.
- Prepare technical and or business report for Service/Area Manager and other Managers as required.
- Research best practice from other services and agencies identifying any opportunities for appropriate initiatives to be adopted by Service.
Closing Date: 17th January 2021
Interview Date: 26th January 2021