Are you a qualified town planner that would like to shape the future of the Winchester District? Do you have a keen interest and knowledge of preparing a Local Plan? Are you organised and motivated? Are you looking for a real challenge in 2021?
Winchester comprises a beautiful historic city centre and is a large district which includes a variety of different settlements. This poses a number of challenges and opportunities that we need to plan for.
We have an outstanding opportunity for a qualified Planning Officer working in our busy Strategic Planning Policy team. The role is varied and exciting and you will play a key role in helping us to create a new Local Plan which has the Council’s climate emergency declaration at the heart of the Local Plan.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated officer who thrives in a team environment and relishes a challenge. You will be a proactive team member with a desire to help develop and implement transformative ways of working, as well as working on your own initiative.
The successful candidate will have a planning qualification working and will play an integral role in helping us to deliver a sound Local Plan. You will be working on and be responsible for a wide range of Local Plan projects, and be able to demonstrate that you can manage a wide range of competing demands whilst being confident with new technology and have a keen interest in GIS.
If you are a logical and innovative thinker, who is a great team player and has excellent attention to detail, we would really like to hear from you.
Along with the opportunities set out above we also offer the following benefits:
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Cycle to Work and Car Benefit salary sacrifice schemes
- Competitive annual leave per year (25 days a year)
- Flexible working arrangements
- 13 days additional flexi leave per year (subject to operational requirements)
- Option to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- Free parking at the park and ride and free bus pass.
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted membership at the two leisure centres in the district
- Confidential Employee Advice and Support Programme
- Employee retail and shopping discounts
- Season Ticket Loans
- Excellent working environment
- Support for continuous professional development
If you would like any further information, please call Adrian Fox on 01962 848278 for an informal discussion.
Closing date – 28th January 2021
Interview date – TBC