£34,689 - £35,949
Old Town Hall, Catford Road, SE6 4RU The Role
Lewisham Homes is an ambitious organisation managing over 19,000 homes on behalf of Lewisham Council. We are a not-for-profit organisation investing in our communities for the benefit of local people and making a contribution to life in our borough. As a major local employer with over 500 staff we set ourselves high standards in leading, managing and developing staff.
We are passionate about our staff and our people ambition is to enable staff to be the best they can. We have a number of vacancies in the People Services team, which is expanding to support the organisation meet its strategic aims, so it’s a great time to join us. We are looking for a passionate and talented Recruitment Advisor to support us with the delivery of our People Strategy. We are not necessarily looking for you to have housing experience, we are open to looking at applicants across different industries.
About the role
• Supporting the full end to end recruitment process
• Using your expertise to help source great talent at all levels and develop long term relationships with key external recruitment partners.
• Work with managers to understand recruitment needs, design appropriate recruitment strategies to recruit high quality staff first time, including advice in relation to appropriate selection processes
• Maintaining, and reviewing MI data from our applicant tracking system including creating new vacancies and managing the candidates experience throughout the recruitment journey.
• Liaising with all hiring managers, partners, candidates, and recruitment agents, throughout the recruitment process
• Previous experience working in Recruitment / HR
• Experience of on-boarding new recruits and, of working with a range of stakeholders including senior managers and external agencies
• Have experience of in-house recruitment, ATS systems and are a self-starter
• You must have excellent attention to detail, be IT literate and have a good working knowledge of how applicants progress through recruitment to onboarding.
• You should have strong administration and organisational skills and be able to manage and prioritise a varied and busy workload.
• You will be highly professional, with a customer-centred, problem solving approach, confident communicator with the ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with a wide range of colleagues.
Closing Date: Sunday, 24 January 2021
To apply you will be asked to submit a CV and supporting statement. Within your supporting statement please ensure you address the key requirements identified in the attached person specification. Please attach your supporting statement to your online application.