Enfield Council have the following exciting opportunity. We are seeking an experienced professional to work within our Parks, Open Spaces and Leisure team.
The borough of Enfield holds a wide variety of Parks and Open Spaces, all of which are managed and maintained through our in-house service
Parks Service Manager
With the current review of our Blue and Green Strategy, an ambitious action plan and the increasing use and importance of our spaces, it is an exciting time to be become part of our team.
You will be an experienced and self-motivated individual joining our dedicated, forward thinking management team. You will be expected to have experience in operational service delivery, ability to review and implement positive service change and good strong people management skills.
The Parks Service Manager position is responsible for all aspect of operations and Parks and Open Spaces within the borough, supporting and leading our operational supervisory team and ground staff. Actively working with internal and external partners and groups to build on the existing relationships and standards.
We invest in the development of our team and this role will be supported with continued personal development opportunities.
A full driving licence is required for this role.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
We encourage and support continual personal development, for an informal discussion regarding the role please contact Marcus Harvey, Head of Parks, Open Spaces and Leisure on 020 8132 0857.
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
Closing and Interview Dates
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Closing date: 23:59 Monday 15th February 2021
Interview dates: 25th & 26th February 2021
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Vickie McGrath on 0208 132 1053 or email@example.com.
The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for this post.