About the role:
To lead the Housing Need Team to provide an effective and responsive homeless prevention and assessment service; ensuring outstanding customer service and service delivery standards are achieved and providing a critical source of support for local people seeking help with their housing needs.
You will work alongside external agencies and other partners to maximise the delivery of housing services for the benefit of Haringey residents and ensure available resources are used effectively.
You will play a key role in the management of the Housing Needs Service, the Housing Demand Directorate and the company as a whole, contributing to the directorate’s work and its corporate role within Homes for Haringey.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintain an understanding of the customer base and its requirements.
- Help develop and improve services, integrating good practice with the service delivery model.
- Manage customer expectations of the service always seeking to meet or exceed those expectations.
- Ensure value for money and a commercial approach to service delivery.
- Manage risk effectively whilst empowering staff to take decisions, innovate and resolve issues.
- Working collaboratively with partners to deliver business objectives.
- Identify, manage and deliver project work to develop the Housing Demand service and take forward innovation and new opportunities for service delivery.
- Manage a team of staff to deliver broad based homeless prevention activities, carry out homelessness assessments and make decisions on these, ensuring that these activities are carried out responsively, sensitively and robustly, in line with Council policies and relevant legislation.
- Establish, develop & maintain effective partnerships within the community to identify and address homelessness at the earliest opportunity and meet the Council’s objectives.
- To undertake any other duties consistent with the basic objectives of the post.
- Managing a public facing organisation or service.
- Management role in a social housing or other relevant setting is desirable.
Knowledge and skills
- Working knowledge of, and commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
- Thorough understanding of policy, practise and principles around homelessness assessments and reviews, homeless prevention, housing options and working with vulnerable people.
- Good knowledge of policy and practise around temporary accommodation, social housing allocations and suitability.
- Good knowledge of welfare benefits, tenancy law and safeguarding.
- Good understanding of people and performance management.
- Excellent Information technology skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and negotiation skills
Homes for Haringey is an Arms Length Management Organisation (ALMO) of the London Borough of Haringey. We are firmly committed to working collaboratively toward building a spirit of team working in which innovation is encouraged and individuals can thrive. We are committed to developing our employees and provide a wide range of learning and development opportunities, flexible working, generous leave entitlement, and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
For further information regarding the role please contact us on: HFHRecruitment@homesforharingey.org
Follow us on our ‘Homes for Haringey’ via LinkedIn, for all our up to date vacancies.
You will need to provide a CV and a Supporting Statement to be considered for this vacancy.
The closing date for completed applications will be Sunday 31st January 2021.
Contact: Daniessca Chong-Chin