Student Medical Officer
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am until 4.30pm (37.5 hours per week)
Start date: ASAP
Closing date: Sunday 28th February
Westminster Academy is an Outstanding International Business and Enterprise academy serving a multi-ethnic community in Central London.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, professional and highly motivated Student Medical Officer to provide outstanding medical care to the students at Westminster Academy. The role is an integral part of the Inclusion Team at the Academy, with Student Medical Officer being the first point of contact for students with any medical concerns. Our Student Medical Officer is highly regarded among the student body and their parents and carers for the care and medical support offered to individuals. The ideal candidate will have experience of working within the Education Sector or NHS, particularly in the area of student health and welfare, a strong desire to positively impact upon students’ learning, and a firm commitment to raising health awareness for students. Above all you will be dedicated to supporting our students to achieve an outstanding education, and make a difference to the lives of young people. If you are passionate about using your skills in student welfare to improve standards and make a difference to the lives of young people, Westminster Academy would like to hear from you.
The successful candidate will be:
- Professional and positive as the first point of call for all medical concerns, assisting with various needs and personal care if needed
- Ability to engage with pupils and parents
- Confident liaising with external agencies
- Effective in administrative support
- Supervising students’ behaviour when under your supervision
- Supporting Westminster Academy’s Senior Leadership
- Able to work under pressure
- An effective and flexible team player
What we offer:
- An excellent programme of continuing professional development
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with structured performance management, and opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility
- Involvement in school and community events, such as International Evening, expressive arts performances, academic celebrations and hosting high profile visitors
- A commitment to staff well-being, including access to the local gym, weekly fitness sessions, staff social events and the end of term ‘WA Big Breakfast’
- Perkbox membership, which offers a package of benefits for staff such as retail discounts, savings on gym membership, cinema tickets and free mobile phone insurance
Closing date: Sunday 28th February Interview date: W/C 1st March 2021
For further details and an application form, please click here: Vacancies
Please send your completed application form and confidential declaration to: email@example.com CVs are not acceptable.
We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
The post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.