We are Watford Borough Council, a Local Authority dedicated to making Watford a great place to live and work.
We are looking for an experienced Procurement Manager to lead our shared procurement service for both Watford Borough and Three Rivers District Council.
- Salary of £43,719 - £47,743 per annum (inclusive of local allowance)
- 28 days’ holiday (rising with service), in addition to Bank Holidays
- Local government pension scheme
- Fantastic discounts including reduced gym membership and retail savings across various well-known brands
- Flexible working options
- Staff and their families have access to free, confidential advice and counselling staff 24/7
- An interest free loan to use for travel (such as a season ticket loan or bike)
If you are an experienced procurement professional from a public sector background, this is a great opportunity and we want to hear from you.
We aim to be an employer of choice with a comprehensive benefits package, high-quality training and career opportunities - all supported by our desire to make sure our staff are healthy and happy.
As the Procurement Manager, you will oversee the shared procurement service for Watford Borough Council and Three Rivers District Council.
In this important role, you will lead the development and implementation of our procurement strategy, including our approach to social value, sustainable procurement and enabling SMEs and VCS (voluntary and community sector) organisations to participate in opportunities.
Additionally, you will:
- Support services to commission effectively and maximise value from procurement activities
- Provide expert advice, training and guidance on procurement and contract management
- Ensure that procurement processes are compliant and robust
To join us as our Procurement Manager, you’ll need:
- A strong track record of successfully leading procurement activity in the public sector
- An in-depth understanding of procurement legislation and best practice
- The ability to provide organisational leadership and direction to ensure excellent procurement practice
- Experience of building and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to clearly and concisely explain complex processes and considerations to non-specialists
Other organisations may call this role Purchasing and Procurement Manager, Procurement Service Manager, or Corporate Procurement Manager, or Procurement Business Partner.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a DBS check.
The closing date for applications is the 26th March 2021.
Webrecruit and Watford Borough Council are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Procurement Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.