- Employer: Elizabeth Fry Approved Premises
- Reference: EFAP/21/142663
- Published: Thu 09/02/2023, 16:30 PM
- Closing on: Sun 30/04/2023, 17:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week, Average
- Salary: £26,819.76 - £31,854.04
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Elizabeth Fry Approved Premises, Berkshire
Are you looking for an opportunity where your skills will make a difference in supporting female service users within the Criminal Justice System?
About The Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and motivated person to join the dedicated team at Elizabeth Fry Charity.
In the role of Offender Supervisor you will support our residents through 1:1 sessions and a groupwork programme. Ideally you should have experience of working within the Criminal Justice System and understand the importance of leading by example, encouragement and enthusiasm when working with this client group.
You will be working with the rest of the staff team to effectively manage the risk posed by residents, as well as supporting them to address any difficult areas within their life. This is an incredibly varied role, with no two days being the same.
The post is a full time position based at the Approved Premises, working 37 hours a week, typically 8:30am – 5pm, but flexible working requests will be considered. The starting salary is £26,819.76, with scope to progress to over £31,000.
What We Are Looking For
At Elizabeth Fry Charity we are a small team, dedicated to supporting our residents to succeed. We are looking for self-motivated, committed individuals who have a genuine desire to support women to rebuild their lives. In addition you will need:
- The ability to manage complex behaviours and to deal with people who may be in a difficult personal or emotional situation.
- Strong communication, influencing and reasoning skills and the ability to build effective working relationships.
- The ability to demonstrate an understanding of the issues surrounding women and their pathways to offending, as well as a willingness to learn.
- Good record keeping, mainly through the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Please take a look at the full job description attached to gain a further understanding of the role.
What We Offer
- A commitment to developing the knowledge and skill set within the team, through access to a wealth of training relating to both the role and working with complex clients.
- Access to Perkbox, an employee benefits platform.
- Confirmation in post bonus following successful completion of Probationary Period, as well as long term service awards at both three and ten years.
- Optional overtime, paid at an enhanced rate.
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme.
- 25 days of annual leave per annum (plus bank holidays), which increases with length of service.
What We Do
The Elizabeth Fry Charity runs a 24 bed Approved Premises for females. Residents at the Approved Premises have access to a range of purposeful activities aimed to support them to address issues that led to their offending and to develop the skills for them to lead an offending-free life in future.
We provide an environment where residents’ behaviour and any additional restrictions included as part of their licence or bail conditions can be monitored. This is achieved through 24-hour staffing, CCTV monitoring, room searches, random drug and alcohol testing, curfews and monitoring of additional licence conditions.
We work closely with partner agencies to effectively manage risk and support those on their journey of resettlement.
How to Apply
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com, detailing how your skills and interest make you a suitable candidate to join our staff team and support our residents.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful candidates will be subject to a check by the Disclosure and Barring Service and Security Vetting.
Interviews will be arranged as soon as suitable applications are received, so we recommend applying early so you do not miss out on this opportunity.