Along the way, you will have the support and training you need to thrive. We do what we think should be done, not just what needs to be done. Because we are Bracknell Forest.
We help our children and young people to be able to fulfil their potential in life. We will help you to be at your best so that we can be at ours.
You will be given the time you need to support Children and young people – where we are known for our high standards.
You will be able to manage an allocated caseload of children and young people with special educational needs, in relation to the Education, Health and Care planning process, in a timely and compliant way.
What it’s like working in our team…
The service consists of a multi-disciplinary team that works with children, young people, schools, colleges, businesses, universities, social workers and foster carers to support young people through school and onto either further education, employment or training.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- To be the designated service lead for the SEN Team providing leadership in this area and reporting on key issues to the Head of Children’s Support Services.
- To discharge the responsibilities of the local authority that are required under SEND code of practice and relevant legislation
- To initiate, develop and provide strategic policy guidance related to SEND and inclusion on behalf of the Local authority, ensuring effective coproduction work with pre-school providers, schools academies, post-16 providers, children and families as appropriate.
- Contribute to the monitoring and review of the quality of provision in specialist settings, including resource bases to ensure provision is of a high quality and leads to the highest possible outcomes for children and young people.
- To initiate, develop and provide strategic policy guidance related to special educational needs on behalf of the Local Authority, ensuring effective consultative work with schools, children and families as appropriate.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
A dynamic, driven individual with a passion for supporting children and young people to join our Service. This is a pivotal role working alongside the Head of Service leading the team to ensure that our vulnerable children and young people are well supported and able to access high quality education provision.
To be considered for this role, you must have SEN Team Lead/Management experience. It is essential that you have delivered to key stakeholders, working to set deadlines, using your knowledge of the Children and Families Act, and SEN Code of Practice.
Interviews will be held on 23rd March 2021 (via Teams)
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Name: Kashif Nawaz
General enquiries please contact SEN General enquiries on 01344 354039
Quoting SERVICE LEAD: SEN